Sunday, 11 August 2013

(Massive) Haul: Recent Purchases Part 2

Hello and welcome back to my massive haul post! (I felt a bit like a game show host there haha! I really hope some of you get what I mean by that or else I just sound like a bit of a fool!) You can find Part One HERE if you haven’t seen it already! I don’t feel these pieces actually look that nice as a group, but individually they look much better I promise! They don’t look as chic and sophisticated as my last post either, but never mind, I don’t think I’m ready to be totally sophisticated just yet! 

Snake Print Top - River Island (similar here)
This was a sale find, I don’t feel like I’ve got much in the sales this year really, they don’t seem to have been very good near me! Except for this top of course. And a couple of other bits, but we’ll get onto that later! What really sold this one to me was the cool strap/back business. I couldn’t quite work it out to begin with (and I did get a bit tangled up when I tried it on, haha!) but I soon sorted it/myself out and realised just how special it is. 

Hoop Earrings - Republic (similar here) // Orange Vest Top - Zara (similar here)

Back a while ago I mentioned my growing love for hoop earrings (the actual post is here if you’d like a read), and I found these in Republic right by the till and grabbed them literally just as I was putting my card in the machine. I really love how they’re patterned so it makes them a bit more interesting than plain hoops - which I have enough of anyway!

The top I have lusted after for such a long time, not for the style but for the incredible colour! Orange is definitely my favourite colour of the moment, but it has to be a really bright-tangerine-orange, the exact colour of this top! I didn’t try it on as I was so head-over-heels for the colour, when I got it home and did, I realised it’s quite long so is perfect over bikinis. It’s also pretty low cut, but I whacked on a black lace bandeau underneath and it looks great. 

Playsuit - New Look (Similar here)

Looking at this picture I can see just how creased the playsuit and top look! But the playsuit is actually meant to have a crinkle effect, the top easily creases - and me and the iron aren’t the best of friends. This playsuit is a definite for my holiday, it’s so light and airy so I shouldn’t get too hot in it! I also really love the print of the fabric. I’m a sucker for a bit of animal print, but this adds it more subtly, mixing it in with the tie dye. It also came with a plain brown belt to go round the waist (you can just about see the belt hooks) which pulls in the waist a bit more.  

Grey Pumps - Miss Selfridge (Similar here

Another sale find (told you there’d be more)! These are so cute, I’m not really into pumps but when I saw and tried on these they just seemed too perfect not to have. I’m really loving grey (faux) leather at the moment, I’ve been using a grey bag I got from Primark a couple of years ago a lot too recently, I think it’s a very sophisticated colour and a nice alternative to black. 


Have you been shopping recently? Have you even bought something featured in this haul or something similar?





16 comments:

  1. Love the snake print top and playsuit! Like you, I haven't had much success at all in the sales! xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh the playsuit is my favourite of this collection! Aw no! I think they just haven't been as good this year xx

      Delete
  2. You got some lovely bits! I love the snake skin styled top, it's gorgeous :)

    j4miejohnston.blogspot.co.uk

    Jamie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is very gorgeous :) x

      Delete
  3. love the snake print top!

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/200-follower-giveaway-wow.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely! Ooh I will definitely check that out now :) x

      Delete
  4. I LOOOOVE the earrings! So nice! I love your blog by the way, I just stumbled on it and it's great. I've just become a member! Check out my blog and see what you think. I'd love for you to be a member!
    Georgia Megan x

    http://georgiamegan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cool aren't they?! Thank you so much, you're so lovely! I will definitely check out your blog :) x

      Delete
  5. Such a great haul! I love those flats! :)

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great stuff, the flats are very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the orange top and playsuit :D Yeah I haven't had much luck in the sales either but that's just my luck haha. I did manage to find a few things when charity shopping though so maybe that's where it all went!

    x


    www.everythingandamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) awh no, I think the sales just haven't been so good this year! Ooh that's a good place to look, I haven't really been charity shop shopping recently so I may have to check them out soon! x

      Delete

ellie etc © . Harlie Ave Design .
Blogger Widget