Sunday, 1 September 2013

Haul: Turkey Purchases

I'm hooooommeeee!! I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but last week I was off in London doing a cookery course for the week. So now, finally, I am home! It feels so good and relaxing to finally be able to sleep in my own bed, use my own shower, see my family and cat and all of that business. 

I know this may be a bit irritating for some, as I cannot link you to websites where I bought this stuff from. But I feel I have to show you all what I bought from Turkey. As you can see I didn't really budget, or ration my money very well - packing my suitcase to come home was an interesting scene (it had to be sat on and squashed a lot). I'm not going to even pretend to try and remember what each of these cost, but they were all very very much cheaper than from England! 

The gorgeous Michael Kors bag is probably one of my favourite purchases from the holiday. It's my new college bag (although my larger folders don't quite fit it, oops!). As you may have already guessed, every 'brand' featured in this collection of items is fake. However they are all surprisingly good quality. 

I went a bit crazy with the converse. I (accidentally) bought the black pair first - I literally picked them up and turned to my cousin saying 'I quite like these', to which the salesman grabbed my size, pulled off my flip flops and fitted the converse onto my feet. If any of you have been to Turkey or any country similar, you will know just how keen all the shop assistants are that you buy something. By the end of the two weeks I feel I was a pro at bargaining and fending off desperate shop workers, haha! 

I've seen the real version of these sunglasses on several bloggers this summer, so I was thrilled when I found these pair in one of the thousands of sunglasses shops in the area that we were staying. The arm detailing is so chic and slightly retro-looking. I am definitely going to wear them as much as I possibly can for that 'winter sun' look! 

One of the very few reasons I was looking forward to coming home, was honestly so I could wear these beauties! They are ridiculously comfy and cosy and I'm so excited for winter so I can wear them even more often! Both of my cousins (who I went to Turkey with) also got pairs, so we're all matching - and they both love theirs as much as I love mine. 

Along with my cushty slippers, these 'Jack Wills' tracksuit bottoms are part of my new relaxing-at-home outfit. They are also ridiculously comfy! Also peaking in the corner of this photo is my new gorgeous clutch bag. It also has a really cool little twist-lock bit at the front, which honestly is one of the reasons I bought it! What can I say, I'm still a child at heart.

I so easily could have bought hundreds more rings than this, but I managed to stop myself! They're all a (some unknown) material which hasn't yet turned my fingers green which is always a plus. The two little blue hoops are actually earrings, but the clasp broke off both! I am going to take them to my local jeweller and see if they can fix them as they are so pretty. But in the mean time, they actually look really nice as midi rings!
   
These little beaded necklaces and bracelets are just little souvenirs for myself, the bracelets look especially nice with my gold Casio watch. The necklaces really complement my gold hamsa hand necklace which I wear every day (from Delilah Dust), as they come slightly higher up on my neck, so hang above the hand pendant. 
  
And of course, I had to do the touristy thing and buy a load of Turkish Delight! Along with lots of Turkish eye bracelets which are absolutely everywhere! To be fair though, the Turkish Delight was a present for my family, and the bracelets presents for my friends. Just little souvenir bits which I think are necessary from any holiday! 

Where have you been on holiday this summer? Have any of you been to Turkey like me? Have any of you been to the Gumbet/Bodrum area, where I went?






46 comments:

  1. I spent my whole holiday hunting for a pair of those sunglasses and couldn't find them. Very jealous they look lovely and the bag!

    Jazzie x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no! That's so annoying :( have you had a look on eBay? They are both lovely! x

      Delete
  2. you did very well! i went to barcelona and hoped i'd find some decent fakes - i was weirdly gutted! x

    Ellie
    http://fashion-etcwithellie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! Aw no, that's a shame! x

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous purchases! I especially love the sunglasses :) x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you got some really nice things! hope you had a nice time in turkey! x

    http://oliviaroses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a very nice time in Turkey thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They're great! So glad I got both colours :) x

      Delete
  6. Well you did rather well, love it all and the 'Michael Korrs' bag looks amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! It is very amazing, I'm so excited to use it! x

      Delete
  7. These fakes look so good! I love the Michael Kors bag it's gorgeous! x

    Alavish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are surprisingly good! Me too, it is so gorgeous :) x

      Delete
  8. I love the sunnies, I remember when I went to Turkey I came back with so much fake copies, I love it haha.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is literally swamped with fakes, but it's great! I love it too! x

      Delete
  9. I got some of those white Converse when i was in Turkey too. Fab quality!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are surprisingly good quality too! x

      Delete
  10. You've dine really well aha! All of this stuff is gorgeous! I love the white Converse, I am desperate for a pair. They look great. I also adore the bag!
    Mia x
    Mia Alice in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! They are great, I'm so glad I waited til I went away to get the fakes though, £45(ish) just seems too much for a pair of trainers! The bag is very gorgeous, hehe x

      Delete
  11. I'm in love with the bag! Xx

    Gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so excited to use it for college tomorrow! xx

      Delete
  12. I love those sunglasses, and the little eye bracelets- I love finding them type of things when I go on holiday! They're so tacky but thats what makes them great.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I totally agree haha! I think it just has to be done, you have to be at least a bit of a tourist! x

      Delete
  13. Loving the jewelry, especially the rings!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I visit Turkey every summer and the fake bags etc out there are amazing quality! That MK one is stunning! I'm in love. Thanks for following According to Alice, I'm your new follower back. If you liked my blog feel free to share it. Lots of fashion love, Alice x

    www.alicemaydear.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! It was so surprising actually how good they were! Thank you so much, I'm in love too :) it's okay sweetie, your blog is so lovely. And thank you for following ellie etc too! lots of love x

      Delete
  15. Lovely haul !!!!! I think the converse are great copies !!! I like finding the random bits in the markets etc like the evil eye braclets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like finding bits at markets too x

      Delete
  16. Loved everything, just found your blog, got a new follower here.
    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com
    Come visit me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, I will definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  17. Hello :) because I love your blog I have tagged you in my top ten for the Leibster Award -which is an award for new blogs that are just starting up. If you don’t already know about it all the details are on my blog http://annalouiseelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk/ If you are interested in It, it is a good way to create awareness etc for your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will have a look at that now :) xx

      Delete
  18. I'm in love with the prada glasses! My good friend has the same exact ones. Just darlinggg.
    xo
    Mia ♡ Une Jolie Vie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ive just come across your blog, I've really enjoyed reading your posts so far! great haul above, the Michael Kors bag is my fave!

    Kirsty www.rockit-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's probably my favourite too :)

      Delete
  20. Nice finds, the shop assistants sound like fun haha, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, aha yeah they were great? xxx

      Delete
  21. Loveee your bag, it's so pretty! <3 *u*

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, I love it too :) xxx

      Delete
  22. I like your style! Especially the sunglasses and the bag! Love it!

    x
    your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha I'm always guilty of buying some cheeky fakes - I just can't help myself :)
    This is such a cute post!
    Following you now sweetheart - keep in touch!
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know there was just no way I could resist them! Thank you so much lovely :) xxx

      Delete

ellie etc © . Harlie Ave Design .
Blogger Widget